Sunday, January 11, 2015

Interesting Blogs

My interest area is Pediatrics, obviously. I found 3 blogs on the internet that I like.

Blog #1:
Blog #2:
Blog #3:


The first blog has a very unique name "Two Peds in a Pod", the name is what caught my attention first. As I scroll through the blog, the colors are interesting and also the art of the two pediatricians that's off to the side. I like the fact that the most recent blog has to do with what's going on in our world currently. The fact that it's winter and our children are getting sick, the first post states the best cold medications for children. Other posts are ones like eating better and healthier, asthma medications for children, hints on giving your child tough to swallow medicine and etc.


The second blog interested me because the author of this blog is a pediatrician of course, but also a mom. This blog is different from the first one because this blog is more lengthy in articles, very minimal pictures. The fact that she is a mom, helps her articles be more from the heart because she knows what kids need and how to treat them not only because all she works wit is children but she has some of her own. Dr. Wendy Sue Swanson says her blog caters to one principle: parents just want to do what's right.


The last blog is more of a hospital website with a blog built into it. This blog is straight to the point.  talks about things that are relevant in a hospital, like the flu, becoming parents, etc. It tells stories about children and the different procedures they've went through and how they are living now. This blog interests me because it is very inspirational and informal. Some articles in this blog state how surgeries saved someone's life. If that's not inspirational then I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment